The nationally renowned Niles Scream Park is ready to officially start autumn by scaring the “yell” out of you with six different haunted attractions. This year marks the 43rd consecutive year of their annual fright festival. The gates will squeak open on Friday, Sept. 16. Beginning in October, the Park will be open all weekends (Friday, Saturday and Sunday) plus Monday, October 31st.
Celebrity guest, Eileen Dietz, will visit the Park on Friday, Sept. 30 and Saturday, Oct. 1. Ms Dietz played the demon in the thriller classic The Exorcist. She will appear on the midway to sign autographs and be available for pictures. For full details on her visit, please go to the website.
The Niles Scream Park is not just scary, it is considered by many to be one of the top haunted attractions in the country. Certainly one of the largest, the Niles Scream Park offers 44 acres of blood-curdling fear! Unlike other haunted houses, Niles rebuilds each room of all three interior haunted houses each year to provide participants with completely new and unique shows. The professionally designed sets and ingenious scare-tactics led the Niles Scream Park to be recognized by Haunted Attraction Magazine as one of the “Top 31 Must-See Haunted Attractions” nationwide for the last three years running.
For those with the courage to tour all six attractions, here is the line-up for 2016:
- Niles Haunted House — This season the main attraction features classic horror films from the 1930s. With over 100 possible routes, there is no telling just how final the final the act will be.
- Krampus: A Christmas Curse — From German folklore comes Krampus, the evil horned helper of St. Nicholas. Naughty or nice, you may be on Krampus’ list this year as you tour this new attraction.
- Cabin 13 — In 1962, the bodies of a group of friends staying in Cabin 13 were found scattered across the back woods. Every year courageous (or foolhardy) students attempt to stay a night in the same woods. Some never return to tell the tale of the Cabin 13 killer.
- The Field of Screams — Considered one of the most popular attractions, even a GPS won’t help you find your way of out this outdoor maze.
- The Dark Terror-tory Haunted Hayride — With a new route and new sets, this Fall ride through the woods will have puzzling mysteries, intense action and unimaginable creatures.
- Zendor Presents: Murphy’s Law — A stage show where if something can go wrong, it will.
An improved midway will feature old favorites like “Fry Freddy” and the “X-terminator.” Back by popular demand, the “Scream Machine,” where you get to pick the next victim, and the popular buried alive simulator–the “Last Ride.” The midway also features several food concessions that provide enough variety to satisfy everyone’s cravings. The Gore Store will let you shop till you drop for the latest Halloween paraphernalia.
The Niles Scream Park is located on Mayflower Road, south of Niles-Buchanan Road just off Exit 5 of the US 31 Bypass. More information on prices, times and dates of operation can be obtained by visiting the Niles Scream Park website here or calling 269.687.FEAR.