Makes: 10 servings, about 3/4 cup each
Active Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
▪ 5 pounds winter squash (such as butternut, buttercup, kabocha or hubbard), peeled, seeded and cut into 1-inch chunks (see Tip)
▪ 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
▪ 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
▪ 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided
▪ 3 cloves garlic, minced
▪ 2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Toss squash with 4 teaspoons oil, salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Spread evenly on a large baking sheet. Roast, stirring occasionally, until tender throughout and lightly browned, 30 to 45 minutes (depending on the variety of squash).
- Heat the remaining 2 teaspoons oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant but not brown, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Toss the roasted squash with the garlic and parsley. Taste, adjust the seasoning and serve.
Tips & Notes
Make Ahead Tip: Cut squash up to 1 day ahead; store airtight in the refrigerator.
104 calories; 3 g fat (0 g sat, 2 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 21 g carbohydrates; 2 g protein; 6 g fiber; 357 mg sodium; 555 mg potassium.