Mixed Grill with Balsamic-Mustard Vegetables
Makes: 4 servings
Active Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 50 minutes
1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
3 tablespoons minced shallot
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
8 ounces beef tenderloin or petite filet
2 ears corn, husked and cut crosswise into 2-inch pieces
2 portobello mushroom caps
2 medium bell peppers, cut lengthwise into 6 pieces
2 medium zucchini, cut on the diagonal into 1/2-inch slices
1 eggplant, cut on the diagonal into 1/2-inch slices
1 medium red onion, cut into 3/4-inch-thick slices
8 ounces Italian pork sausage
1. Whisk oil, vinegar, shallot, mustard, pepper and salt in a large bowl. Reserve 1/4 cup of the marinade in a small bowl. Brush beef with 1 tablespoon of
the remaining marinade. Add corn, mushroom caps, peppers, zucchini, eggplant and onion to the large bowl and toss to combine. Let stand at room
temperature, stirring the vegetables once or twice, for 1 hour. Or refrigerate for up to 4 hours.
2. Preheat grill to medium-high.
3. Grill the beef and sausage, turning once halfway through, until the beef is cooked to your liking, 12 to 14 minutes for medium, and the sausage registers an
internal temperature of 165 °F, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a clean cutting board.
4. Grill the vegetables until tender and lightly charred, turning once or twice, 8 to 10 minutes total.
5. Slice the beef, sausage and mushroom caps. Arrange on a platter with the vegetables. Drizzle with the reserved marinade or serve it on the side.
Make Ahead Tip:
Marinate beef and vegetables in the refrigerator for up to 4 hours.
Serving size: 3 oz. meat & 2 1/2 cups vegetables
Per serving: 488 calories; 32 g fat(7 g sat); 6 g fiber; 29 g carbohydrates; 22 g protein; 109 mcg folate; 50 mg cholesterol; 15 g sugars; 0 g added sugars; 2263 IU vitamin A; 101 mg vitamin C; 53 mg calcium; 3 mg iron; 695 mg sodium; 1131 mg potassium