West Michigan Works! is now accepting applications of interest for its Medical Assistant Registered Apprenticeship program. The one-year program will begin in January 2018.
Hospitals, doctor offices, nursing homes and urgent care clinics across West Michigan are in critical need of medical assistants. A medical assistant is essential to the care of patients and is a great way to begin a healthcare career.
Clinical activities may include:
- taking and recording vital signs and medical histories,
- preparing patients for exams,
- drawing blood and
- administering medications.
Administrative activities may include:
- medical records,
- billing and
- coding information for insurance purposes.
As a student in a US Department of Labor-registered apprenticeship program:
- You’ll graduate with a national, industry-recognized credential.
- You’ll immediately apply what you learn in a clinical setting.
- You’ll earn a salary while learning the skills to be successful in a high-demand career.
Many students graduate with a full-time job, with little or no debt.
If you are interested in joining the next Medical Assistant Registered Apprenticeship program, please complete an Application of Interest by July 15, 2017.
Employment Expertise is provided by West Michigan Works! Learn more about how they can help: visit westmiworks.org or your local Service Center.