This Christmas season, Wyoming Now Kentwood Now will be bringing you recipes to enjoy the holidays!
Throw a little twist on french toast with some holiday spirit! Adding eggnog is enough to brighten anyone’s morning.
Original recipe makes six servings
- 2 eggs, beaten slightly
- 1 1/2 cups eggnog
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 12 slices french bread
- Whisk the eggs. eggnog, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice together in a mixing bowl until well blended. Pour the mixture into a shallow dish.
- Preheat an electric skillet to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Lightly grease the skillet.
- Dip one slice of bread at a time into the eggnog mixture, being sure to coat each side of the bread thoroughly.
- Place the prepared bread slices into the preheated skillet, and cook, turning once, until golden brown on each side. Place cooked slices on a serving plate and cover with foil to keep warm until all French toast is cooked. Serve immediately.